Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year (Or Baby we need to get a life!)

Wow, another year has passed!  Now is the time for that myopic, sometimes tainted introspective of the past 12 months.  Often this can be tainted with not only emotions, but history.  I have decided not to do that as much this year.  In the year 2013, I have only one resolution - to be happier.

What it will take to do that - I'm not sure.  What I know that will prevent it - is absolute.  No dwelling on things you cannot change.  No worrying about those that have chosen paths you cannot control.  No wishing that things could be different.   I guess you can say I want this to be a "No free" year!

I want to embrace the life that I have.  This year, I don't want to look back over my shoulder and think "Is that all there is?".  This year, I want to look forward and see a path.  To be sure, this year, that path is blank.  But I would prefer to think that this blank is not a cave or dark unknown.  This year, it is a canvas that I will paint with memories and experiences that will take my breath away.

To all those "Gray Lady" riders, I wish you a very happy New Year.  I wish you happiness, peace and great rides on whatever moves you



Shiny Side Up!
Road Runner


No comments: