Thursday, May 7, 2009

Interesting day...


Today was a fix the bike day... We decided to stay here in Carson City because there was both a Harley dealer as well as a Yamaha dealer. I got a filter cleaning kit from them, and Jose got a light bulb from Harley. We went to see Lake Tahoe. It was pretty, but again, too many cars!!!! The view was spectacular. I took a picture of a couple that wanted to have their picture taken. I am hoping that they will be able to help us get backpacks. At the hotel,I met an incredible woman. She helped us to stay a day longer. I have her name, but not with me at this minute. I am hoping that both the couple and this wonderful woman, will read our blog and know what they need to do.

One of the funnier moments was when we went to the Yamaha place a second time to get a screw to fix my headlight. Jose, got tired of waiting and went to her bike. She fell dead asleep sitting on the bike. It was pretty cool when I hit her and she jumped. Fortunately, she stayed on the bike. Kind of sad in a weird sort of way. I never knew that you could actually sleep on a bike!

The only fly in the ointment was a bike prejudiced general manager that would not let us park our bikes under the alcove. She was pretty rude about it. I got into a rather heated argument, but gave up. Such is life...

No comments: