Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Mexico!!


We are now in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Spent most of the day running away from rain and riding on Route 66. Today was a picture worthy day. It started when we woke up and rode back to the wind farm. It is amazing to see these things. They are like giant dancers in the wind. Somehow, they seem almost majestic. They make no noise, even when up close. The size is indescribable. I am still not sure how the pictures will come out and if they will do justice to the sight. (and yes, I said I….) This blog is a bit schizophrenic as it is a story of both two women and the thoughts of only one… So this will bounce between myself and us. Hope you guys don’t mind.
After we left the dancing giants, we went down the road just a bit. Jose said that she did not think that we were near Route 66. Then we stopped and I pointed to a sign. It said simply Rt 66. Not the fancy sign that you see on TV or pictures (or later for us) a simple, green sign that we are checking off another dream on this incredible trip. Just a bit further, we saw that infamous sign. That is when we took the picture that you see here. The truth is, this was an incredible day. But we are beat. I will hopefully post more about what we saw and did. Please bear with me (or for those semanticists reading this – us)
Oh, and Mr. Mikey… we made it past OK city :-)

1 comment:

Donna Hockman said...

Hope you are enjoying some delicious NM peppers.

I was not surprised at how you described the size of the windmills but I was surprised you couldn't hear them. I thought those things whine.

There were 2 probable cases of swine flu at Heritage and it will be closed for 7 days. City schools will be closed Th & Fri.