Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our changing lives

I am in the process of trying to determine if this is a good idea or not. As such, I poll just about anyone I can that is close to my age or older. When asking about the idea and goals of GLR, I met a woman who said, "I'm not interested." When I asked why, she simply said "I am in the process of redefining myself, helping my mother thought chemo, cancer and life. I just lost my father and now this. Just when we think our job is easing up because our children are grown, I find myself taking care of my parents."

I thought about this. We are known as so many different things. The Baby Boomers, The Sandwich Generation.. what else? It seems unfair that we have to deal with both ends of the candle and are expected to do it. Is there a way for GLR to somehow incorporate the Sandwiches along with the children?

What makes a cause, or charity good? How do you know if what you are choosing will impact the right people? How do you define "good"?

No comments: